Friday, September 9, 2016

Track and Field

Our day began at 6 this morning, okay, my day began at 6. While I got breakfast and tea ready, I let everyone else sleep. For the record, it was so peaceful that I am doing the same thing tomorrow morning. After breakfast for the two older ones, it was time to get on the road to track and field. I think that I sweat more in that fifteen minute stretch this morning than I did all day. We got there without much hassle other than the Toronto morning “in” traffic. The registration was smooth and easy and at the same time I found out that I was the helper for DJ’s group. This would prove to be good for him later in the day.  Katie was group 3 and I was group 13 with DJ. That left mom with the busiest day od all…chase Hunter while feeding Autumn and thinking in when the last time China has been for a pee. Both Katie and performed quite well in all of their events ; 50m, 100m, 200m, standing long jump, running long jump, ball throw, soccer kick, football throw and sack race. I was very proud of both of their sportsmanship and athleticism; they both placed 3rd in their age groups. After track and field, we came back to the provincial park. I decided that we should have ice cream, so we did. At which time, Jess and I were able to start to gauge how good of a day all the children had by their meltdowns.  We got back to the site, made a fire, had our supper and put the wee ones to bed. Here we are on the eve of our 8 year anniversary…What an awesome 8 it has been.




No comments:

Post a Comment