Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sleeping under the stars-August long weekend

This year for the August long weekend, Elijah’s parents invited us to spend the weekend at the Guelph Lake Conservation Area. We tented it this time and bought a new air mattress for us, as the kids have put holes in our other two. The two campsites were close to a park and just down the road from the bathrooms. It was a busy weekend for the park, but it didn’t seem crowded. It looked like they combined every two campsites to make the sites larger. We had a mostly lovely weekend, with the exception of one day, when the kids were being so horrible that I was ready to leave Elijah there to hang out with everyone, while I took the kids home. Some of the highlights from this trip were the pirate festival (more on this later), going to the beach and staying to swim even though it started to pour, making s’mores with a rather questionable wiener roaster and sleeping under the stars.

Something that I have always wanted to do, is to sleep under the stars. The idea of bugs biting me or crawling on me while I sleep has always put me off though. Despite my fear of creepy crawlies, we did it anyways. Okay, maybe we cheated. We slept in the tent with the windows open and the fly off, with an endless ceiling of stars overhead. We tried to take a picture, which I will include, but it was rather unsuccessful between the screen above and Autumn moving about on the air mattress. I must say, it was a fabulous experience, until I woke to feed the baby and realized that it was starting to rain…


No comments:

Post a Comment